Sunday, September 01, 2013

My father has died.






If any of you remember my gangly, stick thin self, Pop was quite the contrast.  Pop has been VERY hard to live up to.   I think I am getting there though.  Its hard to see him like he is now. 


My father passed at 10:42 MT this morning.

The Baird men: Me, Dad and Ted. Rocket scientist, engineer and soldier; and then soldier.  The two sons are aspects of the father in some ways.

Little update: I was told the picture above in the swim suit was taken at Bad Kreuznach.  My father's family was army so they were posted all over, but multiple times in Germany.  Grandfather was part of Patton's army and ended up in Heidelberg where he met my Grandmother.  My father was born in Heidelberg. 

I've wondered more than once had Japan not capitulated whether or not my family would be part japanese instead of german.

3 comments:

James Davis Nicoll said...

I'm sorry.

MSS said...

Sigh. My thoughts and condolences go out for you and your family. Thank you for this blog and sharing about your father and brother.

Elijah Shandseight said...

My condolences to you and your family