Friday, April 10, 2015

Generations of William Baird

William Marion Baird with my great uncle John Baird.

William Patrick Baird, my grandfather, in uniform after WW2.
William Baird, age 16, Germany.
Left to right.  
William Patrick Baird (me, 39), William Orest Baird (son, almost 4) and William Baird (my father, 65).
William Orest Baird, age 5.


Today would have been my father's 67 birthday.  I am not in NM so I can hardly go lay some flowers on his grave.  I did think since there are five generations of William Baird and I finally had pix of them all, that might be a fitting tribute instead.  Hopefully, Orest will have a son and name him William.  Then we can race past the Theodore Roosevelt's!

PS The middle name thing is because Bairds don't do version numbers. Humans are far more than software!  ;)

No comments: