Monday, October 13, 2008

New Books

I ordered some new books. Most were used, so they were cheap. I still got a bunch of them though. I thought I'd be further along in Krauze's book though (1/2 way instead of 3/4): there's lots of good what-if's in there. One of my favourites has been that Obregón succeeds in killing himself. I can't help, but see that as throwing the Mexican train off its historical tracks.

I only picked up two paleo books this time: Dinosaurs, Spitfires, and Sea Dragons by Christopher McGowan and The Evolution of Vertebrate Design by Lewis Radinsky. I also picked up a few politics books: United States and Mexico: Between Partnership and Conflict; and in the same series Canada and the United States: Ambivalent Allies. I am not quite Mexico'ed out yet - I want to get to Noel's books soon - so I picked up Caste War of Yucatan by Nelson Reed. I also picked up the tangentially related to my Byzantine obsession: The Crusades Through Arab Eyes by Amin Maalouf. I also picked up Six Degrees by Mark Lynas (it really ought to be up to 10 C, but nevermind...)

I also got Sleeping Beauty for my daughter...y'know...my own little princess Avrora.


No comments: