Saturday, March 05, 2016

Toddler Invisibility Rules

He just appeared in front of me.

It scared the crap out of me to, to be sure, it did every time. One moment, nothing was there. The next moment, he was standing in front of me. He'd freak me out. Every time.

Today at least he was focused on the mission. Some days he'd appear right behind me. Some days he'd even hover his hand just above my shoulder and then he'd place his hand and appear at the same time.

Frakkin jerk.

Today, though, he was focused on what we were doing. We were taking down a drug kingpin and his associates. The drugs came from China, the Russians distributed and the Japanese were involved as muscle. For some reason. We needed to dig through them to figure out why such a disparate bunch were working together. That they were doing so was a major threat.

Hence, why they brought us in.

Yet, for the lack of progress we'd had - being a spy takes time! - we'd been thoroughly fisked by the upper echelons of the agency. We'd get them though. We always did. It always took longer than the brass liked and it always irritated them to no end. The dribbling intel we sent them always made them complain the entire thing was too foggy and we were not clearing anything up.

Then they'd always threaten us with the stick. No carrots from them.

"You got it?" I asked my superspy. I never understood how he could disappear like that and still function. He had to close his eyes to turn invisible, yet he seemed to work just as well as he did without. This wasn't the time to think about that though.

"Of course, I did. Now, Ms Paige, let's get out of here before we are found. I might be able to get away, but you..."

"Of course, Mr Murdoch. Let's get out of sight."

No comments: