Petaflops supercomputing dominated much of the HPC news in 2008, but the year also witnessed the rise of GPU-accelerated computing and the fall of Linux Networx.
Hit Headlines are:
1. Parallel Programming Put on the Front Burner.
2. Cray Puts Intel Inside
3. The Petaflops Era Begins
4. GPU Computing Builds Its Case
5. Personal Supercomputing Redux [WB: ARGH!]
6. Startups Defy Economic Gravity
1. Linux Networx Goes Belly Up
2. U.S. Science Funding Hits a Political Wall
3. SGI: Same as It Ever Was
4. Quantitative Financial Models Tank
For details go read.